A collection of past STEAMworks and a full list of resources for families and educators.
Virtual programs premiere everyday at 2:30 pm EST on our Facebook page.
sunday: sensory play
monday: climate action challenge
tuesday: science exploration
thursday: design + build
friday: nature spotlight
saturday: community connection
climate action challenge
design + build
- Dreambox is offering 90 days free and has great math games.
- Wonderopolis encourages kids to get curious by posing intriguing questions as exploring them in a variety of ways.
- Institute of Education Sciences-Activities for Students Stuck at Home
- Families can access Brain Pop, educational games and videos, for free while schools are closed.
- Museum partner Nickelodeon’s #KidsTogether initiative uses beloved characters to engage with kids and families on tips for staying healthy.
the great outdoors
- DC Area Moms Blog 101 screen-free indoor + outdoor activities.
- Free Broadband for Low Income Households
- Internet Essentials affordable internet at home.
- CDC reports on the effects of COVID-19 on children.
- NPR comic from leading experts to help you speak to your child about the virus.
- American Academy of Pediatrics resources to guide discussions during this stressful time.
- Guide from the NCTSN for dealing with the trauma and stress
- Meals for students (VA, MD, and DC)
- Common Sense Media Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Free Zoom conferencing
- Free Online Classes and Resources for Elementary school students.
- Free amazing educational resources from Boston Children’s Museum.
- Common Sense Media Resources for Educators during the Coronavirus Pandemic